Our car crash lawyers have vast experience proving driver error and other accident causes, such as auto part defects, poor road design, and poorly maintained roads. We have represented clients with serious and catastrophic injuries, including broken bones, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injuries and paralysis, internal injuries, and loss of limbs. In each case we undertake — car crashes, trucking accidents, motorcycle collisions, or pedestrian-involved accidents — we seek to recover the maximum amount in damages for our clients.
Experienced Lawyers Take Proactive Approach To Recovering Damages
Unfortunately, every day in Pennsylvania, there are about 350 reportable traffic crashes in which more than 200 people are injured and approximately three are killed. If you or someone you love has suffered a severe injury, the auto accident lawyers at Noel & Bonebrake are ready to provide the high-quality legal representation you need to obtain financial compensation.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Pennsylvania
In 2016, there were 129,395 reportable traffic crashes in Pennsylvania, taking 1,188 lives and injuring another 82,971 people. If you are in a car crash, your safety is of primary importance. To minimize the chances of further harm, you must:
- Get your vehicle out of traffic to a safe place on the side of the road.
- If you cannot move your vehicle, protect against secondary collisions by placing florescent triangles or flares in the road to divert traffic. You must also decide whether it is safer to remain in the vehicle or get yourself to a safer place.
- Provide first aid as needed to your passengers and those in other vehicles.
- Call 911 and request police and an ambulance.
- Exchange identifying information with the other driver(s).
- Get contact information from any witnesses.
- Ask police where you can get a copy of the police report.
- Take cellphone pictures of the accident scene, injuries and property damage.
- Get yourself checked medically as soon as possible.
If you’ve suffered injuries in an accident, it’s important to contact an auto accident attorney who can immediately start to investigate your case.
Most Common Causes Of Car Crashes In Pennsylvania
If you were injured by a negligent driver, you are entitled to compensation for pain and suffering, lost wages, loss of future wages, medical bills, co-pays and deductibles. But first, you must be able to prove the other driver caused the accident. In Pennsylvania in 2016, the most common ways drivers caused accidents were:
- Drunken Driving
- Distracted Driving
- Improper Turning
- Proceeding without clearance
- Careless or illegal passing
- Drowsy driving
How Auto Insurance Impacts Your Pennsylvania Car Accident Case
Pennsylvania law requires drivers to carry minimum levels of liability coverage, but you also have the option of purchasing a limited or full tort plan. The choices which you and the driver who hit you made in purchasing insurance can have a substantial impact on your case. Common problems that arise include:
- Uninsured/underinsured at-fault drivers
If the driver who hit you has no insurance or only the statutory minimum, you may not be able to recover for all your losses without getting a court judgment and taking additional steps for its enforcement.
- Limited tort plans and serious injuries
If you have purchased a limited tort plan, you cannot recover for your pain and suffering unless you have what the law considers a serious or permanent injury. Proving that your injury qualifies under the law can be a complex process.
Contact Our Auto Accident Attorneys In Media
If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, Noel & Bonebrake can provide the determined representation you need to recover full, fair compensation for your losses. We accept accident cases on a contingent basis, meaning that there is no cost to you until you recover compensation, either by verdict or settlement. Call us today at 610-892-7700 or fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation.